On Monday August 7th 2017 at 2:12pm, a Lunar Eclipse in Aquarius kicks off the first full month of the Leo/Aquarius Eclipse series that'll benchmark our cosmic calendar until 2019. I can already testify to August providing life-changing circumstances, situations, events, and relationships that will forever redefine our paths. So let's review.
Not surprisingly, Aquarius energy is hard to pin down. Ruled by Uranus [Easy, Tiger!] Aquarius is unconventional, ever-changing, intellectual, and powerfully revolutionary. As a gay millennial, if I had to locate the most accurate symbol for Aquarius energy - it's The Spice Girls. Think about it: a radical political collective for all with inclusivity, eccentricity, and friendship as the bottom line of their mission statement. Imagine a world where, "...smilin', dancin', everything is free" and "....all you need is positivity". That's Aquarius at it's finest.
So let's slam it to the left, shake it to the right, and talk about 5 Tips to Spice Up Your Life for the Lunar Eclipse in Aquarius.
1) Own Your Spice: What made The Spice Girls collective work beautifully was their unapologetic individual differences, right? From Scary to Sporty, the archetypes laid claim to their eccentricity. They owned their Spice lane and stayed in it; while encouraging themselves and us all to own what what makes us spicy. The Universe divined you with a special function - a "Spice", if you will - to serve the collective magic. An assignment unique to you that only you can fulfill. Could Scary ever be Posh? No way. If you had to be a Spice Girl, which Spice would you unapologetically be? Aquarius Baby Spice didn't care how her youthful orientation would land with critics. She owned it without remorse and so can you own your Spice without proactive permission.
2) Critical Mass Magic: If you look at some of American history's most landmark social justice movements, you'll find that it was never the majority of people who woke up one morning and said "Ya know what? Let's just free the slaves." or "Let's just give women the right to vote." Nope. It was always a small group of people (often demonized too radical by the status quo of their day) who didn't let their group size distract them the fact that their better idea could change history forever. It only takes the critical mass magic when history calls. It only takes "enough" people to move the needle towards equality for all. For Pop Music in the 90s, it only took five women to define a decade with Girl Power and we're a better world for it.
3) Friendship Never Ends: We are all so guilty of categorizing relationships into neat little boxes like friend, work-friend, best-friend, boyfriend, girlfriend, sexual partner, acquaintance, etc, and treating them all differently. But the most high-minded Aquarius energy doesn't seek to separate people into identification systems. It rather seeks elevate every relationship where none are more or less special than anyone. So that everyone is treated impeccably as a standard. Everyone is treated like a friend. I know this is radically different from what dominant social code is but Aquarius energy is here to repudiate what's considered "normal". Leo Ginger Spice pinched Prince Charles' bum in Buckingham Palace and left him a lipstick kissed cheek. Just like she did with fans, friends, and reporters. Everyone was equal - even the Royal Family - to the Spice Girls. Could you imagine if we all treated each other with that Golden Rule as our ethical minimum standard? We would experience relationships as sacred. Use the Eclipse to turn that idea into your external reality.
4) Align With Your Tribe: The zeitgeist of the Spice Girls is that their magic would not have been born if all five were not present to align themselves within the group's identity. Each one played a necessary role in the group that would play on to dominate the world. Reflect on the identity of your collective. Where and what is your tribe? What common value systems bind you together? Recognize the glory of that collective oneness and see the potential in pooling resources, access, ideas, and more together to help you all succeed. There's nothing I love more than barging into a quiet room with my friends and letting the world know they're with me. We are bonded. The rugged individualist journey is a myth. No one is an island. We all need each other. If you haven't found your tribe yet, then start one of your own and be the proactive change.
5) Watch The Movie. I know I will.